On 5/16/08 at 9:33 PM the world held it's breath as C. A. Niemiec said:

>Shift-Command-A (View All) to get it back. Just tried View Unread and
>the messages disappeared on sort. Go back to View All and they magically
>reappear (provided you didn't truly clear the RMW in the meantime).

Yes, that was it, Chris. I'd only just recently discovered those
commands and I hadn't realized that toggling it to View Unread left it
there so that newly unread files would disappear as the window updated.
I'm finding I prefer those commands rather than the buttons that remove
them from the window.

Many thanks.
Mark
----