I can second Jeremy's opinion. The monolithic database together with the 2 GB limit made me switch to Apple Mail about a year ago. Better rich-text integration and support for new OS technologies and better IMAP support have been the other reasons. Apple Mail's support for iCal event scheduling und To-Do lists, while far away from prefect, let's me use my mail client as sort of a PIM.

But, nevertheless, I sympathize very much with PowerMail and CTM dev and I hope that version 6 will be a big jump towards a modern and robust Mail client.

Peter