powermail-discuss Digest #2951 - Wednesday, February 11, 2009

  Change subject
          by "Gilbert ROTH" <libr...@wanadoo.fr>
  Re: Change subject
          by "Matthias Schmidt" <p...@schmidt-system.de>
  Re: Change subject
          by "PowerMail Engineering" <jer...@ctmdev.com>
  Re(2): Change subject
          by "Gilbert ROTH" <libr...@wanadoo.fr>

Subject: Change subject
From: "Gilbert ROTH" <libr...@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 10:26:31 +0100

Since the update of PowerMail to version 6, there appears with the
incoming mail a small window with the title "Change subject". This
window shows the highlighted title of the message and two buttons, "OK"
and "Cancel" (or similar, I am using the French version).

This window appears randomly for between 20 and 80% of the incoming
messages. It is a real, unnecessary nuisance, especially when I receive
a large number of messages. Anyhow, I don't see why I should modify the
text of the title of a message which I have not even read yet!

Do you have the same problem? How can I get rid of this window?

Thanks to all

Gilbrh

Am/On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 10:26:31 +0100 schrieb/wrote Gilbert ROTH:

>Since the update of PowerMail to version 6, there appears with the
>incoming mail a small window with the title "Change subject". This
>window shows the highlighted title of the message and two buttons, "OK"
>and "Cancel" (or similar, I am using the French version).
>
>This window appears randomly for between 20 and 80% of the incoming
>messages. It is a real, unnecessary nuisance, especially when I receive
>a large number of messages. Anyhow, I don't see why I should modify the
>text of the title of a message which I have not even read yet!
>
>Do you have the same problem? How can I get rid of this window?

I've never seen this window.
Do you have set up a special incoming filter, like removing "RE:" or
something like that.
That filter might not work anymore as supposed.

Thanks and all the best

Matthias

From: "PowerMail Engineering" <jer...@ctmdev.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:33:56 +0100

Gilbert ROTH wrote:

>Since the update of PowerMail to version 6, there appears with the
>incoming mail a small window with the title "Change subject".

You probably have a mail filter that triggers the "change subject"
AppleScript for some messages.

Jérôme - CTM Engineering

   "Foxtrot is the product that Spotlight could have and should have been
    but isn't. (...) If you are tired of dancin' with Spotlight, it is time
    to do the Foxtrot"
  FoxTrot Personal Search user comment on www.versiontracker.com

         Download a demo version from www.foxtrot.ch

>>Since the update of PowerMail to version 6, there appears with the
>>incoming mail a small window with the title "Change subject".
>
>You probably have a mail filter that triggers the "change subject"
>AppleScript for some messages.
>

>Jérôme - CTM Engineering

Thank you Jérôme. Indeed, you hit the target!

I found a (new) filter called "Spamsieve - Etiquetter spam" which calls
for the Applescript I am going to delete it and everything should become
normal again.

Regards

Gilbrh

End of powermail-discuss Digest