Joe Hallett wrote:

>I am unable to run the "archive and cleanup" or "compact database"
>commands. The process appears to start normally, but after a short time
>it stops with the error message "A database error occurred
>Class=DB ;what=100;when=9;err=158"

If this error occurs during the export phase, a part of your database is
probably corrupted. You can run "archive and cleanup" in multiple steps,
to copy as much messages as possible to a new, clean database:
- Select one folder (or a few folders), then search "in the selected
folders only" for messages whose "date received" is older than 0 day.
- then run "archive and cleanup" for "all messages from the search
result window", and import the archived message to "a new  PowerMail
User Environment". Do not try to delete the archived messages or compact
the corrupted database at this stage.
- repeat these steps with a different set of folder until you are done,
importing them to the same user environment.
- if a specific folder can't be exported successfully, only export its
oldest (or most recent) messages, by adjusting the date in the search dialog
- instead of archiving folder by folder, you may prefere to search
messages only by date, or by account etc… If some messages are archived
multiple times, they will only be imported once to the archive.

Jérôme - CTM Engineering

   "FoxTrot is enormously superior to Spotlight. (...) Much more efficient
    than Spotlight in narrowing down search results to highlight just the
    ones you want. (...) Absolutely first class product."
  FoxTrot Personal Search user comment on www.versiontracker.com

         Download a demo version from www.foxtrot.ch