powermail-discuss Digest #2872 - Thursday, August 26, 2010

  Re: Switching to Powermail maybe
          by "Jefferis Peterson" <jeffe...@petersonsales.net>
  Re: Switching to Powermail maybe
          by "Rene Merz" <r.m...@telquel.net>
          by "MB" <digital.disc...@gmail.com>
  Re: Switching to Powermail maybe
          by "Rene Merz" <r.m...@telquel.net>
  Re: Switching to Powermail maybe
          by "Tim lapin" <t...@sympatico.ca>
  Re: Switching to Powermail maybe
          by "Tim Hodgson" <thn...@pobox.com>
  Re(2): Switching to Powermail maybe
          by "Peter Lovell" <plov...@mac.com>

Subject: Re: Switching to Powermail maybe
From: "Jefferis Peterson" <jeffe...@petersonsales.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:11:26 -0400

On 8/25/10 11:39 AM, "Rene Merz"   wrote:

> How?
> Once you work with PM, the other time with Entourage?
> Sounds crazy ...
>
> You cannot work with two different mail programs. Of course you can, but
> problems are preprogrammed.

Come on it isn't that complex.  I have a laptop. On the laptop when I am
away, I check POP  email on my site. I sort the mail as it comes in. I'm
testing PM as a replacement for Entourage.
When I get home, I fire up my desktop and run Entourage. All the email not
manually deleted in PM on the laptop SHOULD remain on the server for
download in Entourage.
What I found is that some of the messages that should have been left on the
server were gone.

Jeff
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jefferis Peterson, Pres.
Web Design and Marketing
http://www.PetersonSales.com
(724)-482-2015

From: "Rene Merz" <r.m...@telquel.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 22:42:24 +0200

Jefferis Peterson hat am Mittwoch, 25. August 2010 geschrieben:

>> How?
>> Once you work with PM, the other time with Entourage?
>> Sounds crazy ...
>>
>> You cannot work with two different mail programs. Of course you can, but
>> problems are preprogrammed.
>>

>Come on it isn't that complex.  I have a laptop. On the laptop when I am
>away, I check POP  email on my site. I sort the mail as it comes in. I'm
>testing PM as a replacement for Entourage.
>When I get home, I fire up my desktop and run Entourage. All the email not
>manually deleted in PM on the laptop SHOULD remain on the server for
>download in Entourage.
>What I found is that some of the messages that should have been left on the
>server were gone.

I don't know how Entourage works, but I guess it's different from PM ...

However:
Just for such cases (mobile mailing _and_ home/office mailing with the
same account) an IMAP4 account should be your method of choice! It's
much better and safer then a POP3 account.

To understand the big difference have a look at this:

<http://www1.umn.edu/adcs/guides/email/imapvspop.html>
<http://email.cityu.edu.hk/faq/popimap.htm>

Helpful for the IMAP installation on PM:
<http://www.ctmdev.com/powermail/manual/imap.html>
(<http://www.ctmdev.com/powermail/manual/>)

And finally:
You better work with the same mail software on laptop and home pc.