Mark,

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 09:01:20 +0000, Mark S. P. Smith <mspsm...@gol.com> wrote:

>for people trying to work
>around the 2GB limit, being asked to buy another application is not a
>good answer, IMHO.

I can agree to this point of view. There is something we can do here: if
a consensus builds that our approach to indexing archived mail in
FoxTrot Personal Search is a technically acceptable, second-best
acceptable option to working around the 2GB max database size (one that
also has advantages, since:
- it lets you index the rest of your life, including attachments and
documents)
- archiving allows you not to have to backup one huge database at every
change, i.e. in TimeCapsule

then we would be ready to make these PowerMail owners a fair , one-time
"offer they can't refuse" on FoxTrot Personal Search. Let me know in
private e-mail.

On the IMAP topic: I agree too. Since the iPhone came along, personally
I've been running PowerMail in parallel with the iPhone mail client
Apple Mail. PowerMail is the client of choice for authoring messages,
replying to received mail, archiving while I use AppleMail as a "second
opinion" view on my e-mail accounts, one which has the advantage of
good, multi-account IMAP and notifications in the dock. The two really
coexist well.

Kind regards,

jean michel