Investigate these possibilities first:
A bad address in the To: list will prevent the message from going to anyone.
Find out which address it is.
If that's not the case, then your ISP might have changed the SMTP settings for
outgoing mail. That might be as simple as the address of the mail server. Has
your ISP sent you any recent notices that you might have missed?
I highly doubt that this has anything to do with PowerMail. To demonstrate
that, try to send messages from Apple Mail, using the same settings for
outgoing mail. I'll bet that Mail has the same issue(s).

Richard Hart