powermail-discuss Digest #3023 - Friday, February 22, 2013

  PowerMail and iCloud
          by "Chris" <ch...@mymac.org.uk>
  Re: PowerMail and iCloud
          by "CTM info" <ctm-li...@ctmdev.com>
  Re: PowerMail and iCloud
          by "Chris" <ch...@mymac.org.uk>

Subject: PowerMail and iCloud
From: "Chris" <ch...@mymac.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 08:57:21 +0000

Hi:

Has anyone had any success in using PM with iCloud mail?  If so, what settings
did you use?

Chris

Subject: Re: PowerMail and iCloud
From: "CTM info" <ctm-li...@ctmdev.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 12:44:06 +0100

Chris,

Yes, within the design limits of PowerMail's lightweight IMAP implementation,
we use it all the time. Settings are:

protocol:               IMAP4
User account id:        your_main_icloud_name
Incoming mail server:   imap.mail.me.com

Once you mount the inbox, copy messages in it to a local folder to have them
stored in your database as if they had come over POP3.

One caveat is that there seems to be a Webkit under Carbon bug that we cannot
work around in our code and that can get exhibited when dealing with some HTML
messages coming from IMAP servers. If you run across this, disable the "HTML
reader" option in preferences and click on the "Globe" icon when previewing
HTML messages to display them externally.

Regards,

jean michel/ctm qa

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 08:57:21 +0000, Chris <ch...@mymac.org.uk> wrote:

>Hi:
>
>Has anyone had any success in using PM with iCloud mail?  If so, what
>settings did you use?
>
>Chris

Thanks for this.  The only problem I seem to be having is with the ports and
the SSL since I keep getting an intermittent error msg.  I'm using port 993 and
'use secure connection SSL/TLS" on a dedicated secure port.

TBH I'm not a big fan of IMAP although I can see the advantages with when using
multiple machines, but it does seem to be the way most mail clients are going.

Maybe PM7 will be the IMAP client to rule them all :)

Chris

On 22/2/13 CTM info wrote:

>Yes, within the design limits of PowerMail's lightweight IMAP
>implementation, we use it all the time. Settings are:
>
>protocol:               IMAP4
>User account id:        your_main_icloud_name
>Incoming mail server:   imap.mail.me.com
>
>Once you mount the inbox, copy messages in it to a local folder to have
>them stored in your database as if they had come over POP3.
>
>One caveat is that there seems to be a Webkit under Carbon bug that we
>cannot work around in our code and that can get exhibited when dealing
>with some HTML messages coming from IMAP servers. If you run across
>this, disable the "HTML reader" option in preferences and click on the
>"Globe" icon when previewing HTML messages to display them externally.
>
>Regards,
>
>jean michel/ctm qa
>

>On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 08:57:21 +0000, Chris <ch...@mymac.org.uk> wrote:
>
>>Hi:
>>
>>Has anyone had any success in using PM with iCloud mail?  If so, what
>>settings did you use?
>>
>>Chris

End of powermail-discuss Digest