On 3/30/16, at 2:17 PM, Winston Weinmann weinm...@mindspring.com said:

>So far, over 13-14 years using PowerMail, I have only used it for POP
>email access, even with Gmail. I have been using an iPhone for a year or
>two, and am now considering a shift to IMAP to get things synced.

My Gmail account is POP, and when my mac.com account went IMAP, I got myself
another POP account elsewhere -- mainly use that one.

>Are there any tips for switching to IMAP?
>What will it do to my existing folder structure?
>Is it a problem to have several IMAP accounts?
>How does Gmail's attempt to keep everything interact with the message
>database size limit in PowerMail?

All my mac/me/icloud.com IMAP account messages go into its own InBox.  Drafts
end up in with other drafts in my POP folder. Any incoming IMAP messages I want
to save are dragged over to where my POP messages are saved. I think that's the
only way PowerMail's search function would find them.

There are probably better ways of handling this, but it allows me to keep using
PowerMail.

Tom Miller
"The only time we see the middle of the road is as
we run from side to side." R.O.Clark