As PowerMail was not deleting old items in the trash, I did some rebuilding,
which included reseting miscellaneous preferences. This turned on Simple Header
Fields (PowerMail Menu>Preferences>Display>Simple Header Fields), all of which
I had turned off.

Now if I turn off all Simple Header Fields, PowerMail quits if I try to open
any HTML message.

If I turn off the HTML reader in Preferences, then I can turn off all the
Simple Header Fields, and the quitting problem goes away. But I want the HTML
reader on. Toggling the HTML reader on and off does not help.

How can I fix PowerMail so that I can turn off the Simple Header Fields and
still see HTML messages without PowerMail quitting?

Thanks.

- Winston Weinmann