From: Kevin J Simpson
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 9:02 AM
To: Beth Heyeck
Subject: RE: Elimination of Respiratory Protection for Field Monitor Teams

Here is my take:

*         We maintain respirators in our survey vans (full face).

*         Every RP Tech and OSC member is required to be mask fitted and
respirator qualified (including the survey van driver) to be on the ERO.

*         The respirator does offer protection that COULD be used in lieu of
restricting access for FMT due to DAC or iodine and COULD preclude
administering KI.

So I don't see us making a change but I am curious in other responses.

Kevin Simpson
Emergency Preparedness Supervisor
AEP's Cook Nuclear Plant
Desk: (269)465-5901 x3251