Our non-nuclear medical staff is trying to remove the requirement to have a
physical prior wearing respiratory protection. Some verbiage in 10.CFR.20 would
appear to require it along with some OSHA standards. I can potentially align
with only doing a partial physical for air hoods (PAPRs, Delta Suits, etc.)
where the individual would not have to do the spirometer, but SCBA or negative
pressure respirators would be the full physical. Do any of your sites modify
the physical qualifications for respirator physicals depending on the type of
respirator to be worn or do any of you not require a physical?

Thanks,

Jeremy Bebb
Senior Staff Health Physicist
Cooper Nuclear Station