Wanted to see what others have experienced when placing larger and more
powerful magnets into TEMs.

From: Palatine, Rich [mailto:rich.palat...@thermofisher.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:13 AM
To: Macho, Michael <michael.ma...@luminant.com>
Subject: Re: Had a question on TEMs, SAM 11/12

EXTERNAL EMAIL

Mike,

Large magnets don't affect the SAM detectors.  We have it seen anything like
that I the 20+ years of the SAMs.

Rich

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 22, 2018, at 8:28 AM, Macho, Michael
<michael.ma...@luminant.com<mailto:michael.ma...@luminant.com>> wrote:
CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content
is safe.

Rich,

Had a question that I hope you know the answer or someone that can give me an
answer.  The question is related to the nuclear promise procedures.

Do large/powerful magnets damage the SAM detectors?

I should be sending two of the RADEYE NLs to Thermo for calibration sometime in
the near future.  I didn’t get good results for my verification inside the
reactor building at power so I need to redo my verification of the correction
factor.

Mike Macho
817-559-1997