I noticed another problem with this sanity check.
Let's say the user receives this error message. He then decides to edit
the config file of his boot loader, e.g. grub or lilo. Now powersave
should allow to STD, because on the start the resume parameter would be
used correctly.
But as it is now he has to reboot in order to enable STD, as the
information is read from /proc/commandline.
I know that it would get messy to also check the possible boot loader
config files. I just wanted to point out this problem.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?