Hi,

today, I removed the CPU frequency scaling implementation from
powersaved. That means that powersaved no longer contains an own userspace
governor implementation. It just executes policy in regard to CPUFreq and
tells HAL what to do.

Although the powersave command line client which comes along with
powersaved is already converted and uses the new HAL methods for CPUFreq,
I kept the D-Bus methods for now to not break other clients. This affects
all methods starting with "Cpufreq*". But these will be removed on
friday. So please update your clients! Or... report any problems. It's
currently only kpowersave, I'm not sure if gkrellm-powersave uses any of
them.

If everything would be bug free ;-), I couldn't do a unstable release
until HAL gets one :-( So this is really only for developers having a
recent HAL git build.

Some stats:

Overall code lines from all HAL addon CPUFreq source files: 1872

Differences before versus after the CPUFreq redesign with the D-Bus
methods still kept. I think we are saving some lines of code in
powersaved... ;-)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~> svn diff \

https://forgesvn1.novell.com/svn/powersave/branches/powersave/powersave-0.14.x/
\
  https://forgesvn1.novell.com/svn/powersave/trunk/powersave/  | diffstat
 config_files/cpufreq                   |   26 -
 config_files/scheme_acoustic           |   21 -
 config_files/scheme_advanced_powersave |   15
 config_files/scheme_performance        |   21 -
 config_files/scheme_powersave          |   23 -
 config_files/scheme_presentation       |   21 -
 daemon/Makefile.am                     |    6
 daemon/apm.cpp                         |    3
 daemon/config_pm.cpp                   |   10
 daemon/config_pm.h                     |   18 -
 daemon/cpu.cpp                         |   50 ++-
 daemon/cpu.h                           |   20 +
 daemon/cpufreq_interface.cpp           |  183 -----------
 daemon/cpufreq_interface.h             |  420 ---------------------------
 daemon/cpufreq_kernel.cpp              |  262 -----------------
 daemon/cpufreq_management.cpp          |  507 +++++++--------------------------
 daemon/cpufreq_management.h            |  144 +--------
 daemon/cpufreq_userspace.cpp           |  423 ---------------------------
 daemon/dbus_server.cpp                 |   41 ++
 daemon/dbus_server.h                   |   17 -
 daemon/event_management.cpp            |    3
 daemon/main_loop.cpp                   |   16 -
 daemon/main_loop.h                     |   14
 daemon/pm_interface.cpp                |    6
 daemon/pm_interface.h                  |    4
 daemon/powersaved.cpp                  |    4
 daemon/scheme_config.cpp               |   10
 user_binary/powersave.cpp              |  295 ++++++++++++-------

Regards,
        Holger