I don't have enough information to understand or evaluate the information
you've given about port status.  Where does it come from?  Are you querying the
switch, or is it from one of the datastructures in spanning_tree.py, or
something else?  When are you printing it?

And what options are you using to run discovery and spanning_tree?

-- Murphy