If you wanted to try to do it for arbitrary unmodified components, I don't see
too much alternative to Connection.send().  Unfortunately, there's no
requirement that it gets passed  message objects instead of raw bytes, and if
it's passed raw bytes, there's no requirement that they be complete messages,
etc., so doing this very reliably will be difficult.  On the other hand,
catching a large percentage of cases should be pretty easy.

-- Murphy