TWO POSTDOC POSITIONS - molecular evolution, genomics & bioinformatics

At the University of Konstanz we expect to have two postdoc positions available
starting on April 1, 2008 in the lab of Prof. Axel Meyer at the Department of
Evolutionary Biology and Zoology at the University of Konstanz in Germany.

Due to the funding of the University of Konstanz through the "excellence
initiative" of the German government we are in the process of establishing a
genomics/proteomics center at the university that will include microarray
facilities and second generation sequencing technologies. Therefore, we are
particularly interested in postdocs with expertise in molecular evolution,
molecular phylogenetics and bioinformatics. We expect that a "junior
professorship" in bioinformatics will be advertised shortly as well. These
positions are affiliated with the new graduate school in chemical biology - for
more information visit_ http://www.chembiol.uni-konstanz.de/_. For this new
program we invite applications of qualified Masters students as well as Ph.D.
candidates.

The postdoc projects we are interested in have to do with fish genomics and in
particular comparative genomics of cichlid fish. Other projects deal with the
evolution of gene families the evolution of the genome in early chordates and
vertebrates. Candidates should have a strong interest in bioinformatics,
developmental and evolutionary biology and should be experienced in molecular
techniques and/or computational biology.

Appointments are for up to two years initially with a salary according to
German TVL salary scale that includes extensive health and retirement benefits.
The initial contract period would be for two years with the potential for
additional years of funding.

Informal inquiries should be addressed to Prof. Axel Meyer ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).
Further information on our research can be obtained from our web page:
www.evolutionsbiologie.uni-konstanz.de

Applications should include a CV, statement of research interests and email
addresses of two references.  Review of applications will commence on March
15th 2008. Starting dates are flexible. Applications should be sent as one pdf
file to_ [EMAIL PROTECTED] - or by mail to Prof. Axel Meyer, Department of
Biology, University of Konstanz, D-78457 Konstanz, Germany. This search will
remain open until the positions are filled.

Be a better friend, newshound, and

Kirim email ke