please help us to circulate this information. Thank you very much.
We are pleased to announce for the second time Call for Papers for the
"First International Graduate Student Conference on Indonesia" which will be
held in 2009 in commemoration of the 60th Anniversary of Gadjah Mada
We invite all Graduate Students from various disciplines working on
Indonesia to submit abstracts and papers on the basis of current research on
the contemporary issues of Indonesia.
We also welcome any proposal to organize a panel on a particular theme with
its panels' coordinators (scholars), a number of students' abstracts under
the same theme, and discussants for each session in the panel (if any).
*Theme of the Conference:*
*"(Re)Considering Contemporary Indonesia: Striving for Democracy,
Sustainability, and Prosperity, A Multidisciplinary Perspective"*
The themes of submitted abstracts/papers can cover various aspects of
people's life in relation to the main theme of the conference, such as:
history, philosophy, law/legal aspect, social, culture, language,
literature, religion/beliefs, environment, politics, democracy/human right,
education, economics, management, agriculture, health, international
relations, media studies, arts, gender issues, and others.
Panels will be organized later according to particular themes/issues of
students' abstracts/papers. The Steering Committee would review both the
individual abstracts and the proposed panel/s.
The best-selected papers in each panel will be considered for publication in
The conference will be held bilingually (English and Indonesian).
*Change of Schedules:*
Please notify the change of schedules for the conference and
1. New schedule of the Conference* *:* 1st - 4th December 2009 (not on the
15th - 18th December 2009)*
2. Extended deadline for abstracts' submission : *28th February 2009*
(*Abstracts' senders are still registered as graduate students at the time
of abstracts' submission*)
3. Deadline for full-papers' submission (maximum 6000 words): *30th October
*Please send the abstract (maximum 350 words) to the Organizing Committee:*
Andy Wahyu Widayat: igsc.in...@gmail.com
Siti N. Hidayah, M. Endy Saputro & Esti Anantasari: figcindone...@gmail.com
Abstract's form can be downloaded from: http://www.api.pasca.ugm.ac.id
Gadjah Mada University, Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
*Organizers and Collaborators:*
The conference is organized by the Graduate School, Gadjah Mada University
and the Academy Professorship Indonesia in Social Sciences and Humanities
(KNAW-AIPI) in collaboration with the following institutions:
· University of Sydney, Australia
· ARI (Asia Research Institute), National University of Singapore
· the Institute on Culture, Religion, and World Affairs (CURA), Boston
· Center of Southeast Asia Studies at The Jackson School, University of
· Sociology and Anthropology of Contemporary Indonesia, Leiden
University, The Netherlands
· Utrecht University, The Netherlands
· Center for Southeast Asian Studies (CSEAS), Kyoto University, Japan
· Council on Southeast Asian Studies, Yale University, USA
· University of Indonesia, Depok, Indonesia
· University of North Sumatra, Medan, Indonesia
· Hasanuddin University, Makassar, Indonesia
*Prof. Robert W. Hefner*,
Professor of Anthropology and Associate Director at the Institute on
Culture, Religion, and World Affairs (CURA), Boston University
*Prof. Melani Budianta, Ph.D*.,
Faculty of Humanities, University of Indonesia, Depok, Indonesia
*Prof. James J. Fox *(tentative).,
Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies, The Australian National
University, Canberra Australia
· Prof. Dr. Irwan Abdullah, Director of the Graduate School, Gadjah Mada
· Prof. Dr. Ir. Edhi Martono M.Sc., Vice-director for Academic Affairs,
The Graduate School, Gadjah Mada University.
· Prof. Dr. Abdul Halim, MBA, Vice-director for Administrative Affairs,
The Graduate School, Gadjah Mada University
· Dr. Supra Wimbarti, Faculty of Psychology, Gadjah Mada University
· Dr. MA. Yunita T. Winarto, Academy Professorship Indonesia in Social
Sciences and Humanities, The Graduate School, Gadjah Mada University
· Prof. Dr. Bernard Adeney-Risakotta, Director of Indonesian Consortium
for Religious Studies, The Graduate School, Gadjah Mada University.
· Dr. Siti Syamsiatun, Indonesian Consortium for Religious Studies, The
Graduate School, Gadjah Mada University.
· Dr. Zainal Abidin Bagir, Center for Religious and Cultural Studies,
The Graduate School, Gadjah Mada University.
· Dr. G.R. Lono L. Simatupang, Department of Anthropology, Faculty of
Cultural Sciences, Gadjah Mada University.
· Dr. Wening Udasmoro, French Department, Faculty of Cultural Sciences,
Gadjah Mada University.
· Dr. Nicolaas Warouw, Department of Anthropology, Faculty of Cultural
Sciences, Gadjah Mada University
· Dr. I Ketut Putra Irawan, Department of Political Sciences, Faculty of
Social and Political Sciences, Gadjah Mada University
· Prof. Dr. Heru Nugroho, Department of Sociology, Faculty of Social and
Political Sciences, Gadjah Mada University
· Prof. Dr. Ir. Sunarru Samsi Hariadi, M.S., Graduate Program in
Extension and Development Communication, The Graduate School, Gadjah Mada
· Dr. M. Baiquni, M.A., Faculty of Geography, Gadjah Mada University.
· Dr. Bakti Setiawan, Architect, Faculty of Engineering, Gadjah Mada
· Dr. Eko Sugiharto, DEA, Director of Environmental Studies, Faculty of
Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Gadjah Mada University.
· Dr. Sri Margana, Department of History, Faculty of Cultural Sciences,
Gadjah Mada University
*For further information, please contact:*
Secretariat of the First International Graduate Students on Indonesia 2009
Academy Professorship Indonesia in Social Sciences and Humanities,
The Graduate School of Gadjah Mada University.
2nd Floor, East Side, Public Affairs.
Jl. Teknika Utara, Pogung, Sleman, Yogyakarta 55281, Indonesia.
Telepone: +62 274 7110145 (does not accept short message services)
Fax: +62 274 564239 (ext. 209)
Sent by: Endy Saputro