==== Job Vacancy ====

Research Associate (Go-Lab), Department of Computer Science, University of Leicester, UK

* Details: http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/jobs/opportunities/jobsearch (enter ref. no.: *SEN00301)*
* Contract Type : Full Time Fixed Term Contract (12-month)
(**Available from November 2012 with the possibility for one or more yearly extension(s))
* Salary Range: £31,020 per annum

* Job Purpose
At Leicester we're going places. Ranked in the top 20 universities in Britain our aim is to climb further. A commitment to high quality fused with an inclusive academic culture is our hallmark and led the Times Higher Education to describe us as "elite without being elitist".

To work on the EC-funded project "Go-Lab: Global Online Science Labs for Inquiry Learning at School" in collaboration with the academic staff and researchers from the Department as well as from other partner institutions in Europe.

The main aims of Go-Lab are to open up remote science laboratories, their data archives, and virtual models ("online labs") for large-scale use in education and to enable science inquiry-based learning that promotes acquisition of deep conceptual domain knowledge and inquiry skills and directs students to careers in science. A portal will be developed to support the realisation of these goals. The University of Leicester assumes a critical role in coordinating and implementing user-centred design (UCD) approaches to capturing requirements from different users, evaluating and validating the quality and impact of the portal and other artefacts from the onset of the project on an ongoing basis.

* The closing date for this post is midnight on*8th November 2012*.
* We anticipate that interviews will take place on *16th November 2012*.

--
The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity
in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302).