Malte

Von: Richard Bornat<mailto:r.bor...@mdx.ac.uk>
Gesendet: ‎Freitag‎, ‎28‎. ‎November‎ ‎2014 ‎10‎:‎13
An: ppig-announce-list@open.ac.uk<mailto:ppig-announce-list@open.ac.uk>

The deadline for submitting abstracts for the PPIG work in progress meeting in
January is rapidly approaching. In fact it's next Friday. Meeting announcement
and call for papers is repeated below. Responses to
ppigwip1_2...@mdx.ac.uk<mailto:ppigwip1_2...@mdx.ac.uk> , please.

Richard Bornat

Psychology of Programming Interest Group – Work-in-Progress Workshop (January
8-9, 2015)
School of Science and Technology, Middlesex University (London, UK)

The ninth PPIG Work-in-Progress Workshop (PPIG-WIP) will be held in the School
of Science and Technology at Middleses University on January 8-9, 2015.
PPIG-WIP is a forum in which researchers at all levels can present and discuss
future work, current work, recent results, findings and developments.
Experienced researchers and practitioners, as well as doctoral students, are
equally invited to participate.

PPIG, the Psychology of Programming Interest Group
(http://www.ppig.org<http://www.ppig.org/>), has existed since 1987. Its
meetings are unusual in that they are inclusive rather than selective,
encouraging rather than judgemental, conversations rather than displays, they
promote ideas rather than authority, they would rather celebrate contributions
than force them to compete. For all that, our purpose is to improve cognitive
theory by stretching it on the rack of programming and, vice-versa, to improve
programming by looking at it through the lens of cognitive theory.

Past workshops have involved discussion on issues ranging from the design of
programming languages to communication problems in software teams, and from
computing education to high-performance professional practice. There can be no
exhaustive list and we have recently discussed learning mathematical
formalisms, creativity and digital design, understanding websites, and live
coding in the laptop music world. We cover everything from theoretical
perspectives drawing on psychological and social theory to empirical
perspectives grounded in real-world experience.

The 2014/15 Work-in-Progress Workshop will be held in the School of Science and
Technology at Middleses University in London. The London-centred design of the
UK’s transport system means that Middlesex is accessible from anywhere in the
country; the London-centred design of its political system means,
unfortunately, that getting there won’t be cheap.

Abstracts of submissions should be submitted to
ppigwip1_2...@mdx.ac.uk<mailto:ppigwip1_2...@mdx.ac.uk> by 5th December 2014.
In the spirit of PPIG, they will be very lightly reviewed.

Please note that Middlesex University's preferred way of receiving all
correspondence is via email in line with our Environmental Policy.   All
incoming post to Middlesex University is opened and scanned by our digital
document handler, CDS, and then emailed to the recipient.

If you do not want your correspondence to Middlesex University processed in
this way please email the recipient directly. Parcels, couriered items and
recorded delivery items will not be opened or scanned by CDS.  There are items
which are "exceptions" which will be opened by CDS but will not be scanned a
full list of these can be obtained by contacting the University.