I'm an amateur (although I have a little history) but I have a topic that I'd very much like someone to investigate, and I can help with access to the community.

I have a hypothesis that Test-Driven Development is a different cognitive process from "regular" development, but I have no proof nor am I sure what this would imply. Sounds like a trendy research topic to me.

At a second level, there are different ways of structuring unit tests and I know that some people struggle with the approach I use. I'd love to know whether there was any deeper justification for this or it's just habit.

Contact me if there's any interest.

S.