Lorin Hochstein <lor...@gmail.com> writes:

>Does anybody know if there has been any empirical research that shows that
>younger computer-using professionals (accountants, scientists, engineers)
>really do implicitly trust the output of computer programs more than
>experienced computer users? e.g., Is years of computing experience (or age) a
>good predictor of skepticism in computing results?

Try googling "white male effect" [0] (specifically in relation to technology),
although I don't know if there's been any work on this in regard to older vs.
younger white males.

Peter.

[0] a.k.a. "politically safe to single out demographic effect", I'm just
    waiting to see what happens to someone who publishes a paper identifying
    an Asian female effect or something similar.