On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Richard O'Keefe <o...@cs.otago.ac.nz> wrote:
> You can't answer "what's BEST" without clarifying "best for what".
> I haven't yet seen any completely satisfactory solution to the
> problem of large operator sets, let alone extensible ones.

sounds like some things are just hard problems, and (so far as we know
so far) will never be able to satisfy all masters. so then it is the
language designer's art to figure out which is the lesser evil. and
perhaps that in theory could be somewhat guided by studying which of
the choices leads to fewer bugs when used by the intended audience.

sincerely.