My university library doesn't have it, but the catalog does list the
table of contents with author names. I guess it's the book you're
talking about, although the catalog only lists Hoc as the editor.

Psychology of programming

Author: Jean-Michel Hoc; European Association of Cognitive Ergonomics.; et al
Publisher: London : Academic, ©1990.

Theoretical and methodological issues. Programming, programming
languages and programming methods / C. Pair --
The nature of programming / T.R.G. Green --
The tasks of programming / Nancy Pennington and Beatrice Grabowski --
Human cognition and programming / Tom Ormerod --
Methodological issues in the study of programming / David J. Gilmore --
Language design and acquisition of programming. Expert programmers and
programming languages / Marian Petre --
Programming languages as information structures / T.R.G. Green --
Language semantics, mental models and analogy / Jean-Michel Hoc and
Anh Nguyen-Xuan --
Acquisition of programming knowledge and skills / Janine Rogalski and
Renan Samurçay --
Programming languages in education : the search for an easy start /
Patrick Mendelsohn, T.R.G. Green and Paul Brna --
Expert programming skills and job aids. Expert programming knowledge :
a schema-based approach / Françoise Détienne --
Expert programming knowledge : a strategic approach / David J. Gilmore.
Expert software design strategies / Willemien Visser and Jean-Michel Hoc --
Broader issues. The psychology of programming in the large : team and
organizational behavior / Bill Curtis and Diane Walz --
Research and practice : software design methods and tools / Barbara
Kitchenham and Roland Carn.

Chris Bogart
bog...@eecs.oregonstate.edu