Hi all,

Does anyone have a good suggestion for an overview of the psychology of programming?

I'm an experienced programmer who is also an aspiring language developer, but my last study of programming languages was in college 20 years ago. I've never read up on the psychology of programming, although I think the topic is fascinating from what little I've heard.

Is the Hoc book still the best single source? Is there a more recent textbook or review article?

I don't have a huge amount of time to spend coming up to speed, so a textbook is about the most I could digest. A handful of papers would do just as well.

Best,
Martin

--
The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity
in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302).