Steve,

I'm looking for an idea for an experiment to run.

I'll be at the Software Craftsmanship event at Bletchley Park next week
(http://www.codemanship.co.uk/softwarecraftsmanship/) with a crowd of
experienced programmers with time on their hands.

I have rune experiments with similar types of people in similar
environments.  You have to keep it simple and paper and pencil
type experiments seem to work.

Some ideas and scripts to generate subject question sheet here:
www.knosof.co.uk/dev-experiment.html

I have an unfounded hypothesis that there's something cognitively different about
Test-Driven Development, compared to "regular" development, but I don't know
how to test that. Can anyone suggest an experiment I could run with a couple of groups
that help to shed light on the subject?

Sounds too complicated to run in this environment.

--
Derek M. Jones                         tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd                 mailto:de...@knosof.co.uk

--
The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity
in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302).