On 05/15/2013 06:09 PM, Simon Gray wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for books, articles, or studies that talk
about problem solving in the context of doing diagnostics in different fields.
There have been a few posts on debugging, but my recollection is that there was
a post a few years ago about  a conference on diagnostics, but I cannot find
the post in the archive and don't know if the conference happened.

Jens Rasmussen's Cognitive Systems Engineering [1] was build from
analyses of maintenance engineers trouble-shooting their systems.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_work_analysis

--
The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity
in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302).