I think that learning code quality (as opposed to just functional
correctness) is something which needs to take place with a mixture of
reading/deciphering code vs writing it and getting it reviewed. Providing
the latter is really hard work and academia doesn't have the funding to do
that properly. I've partially automated that kind of assessment but the
bottom line is that the best option for a uni student is to find an open
source project to contribute to which has both dirty code and mentor to
push them through it.

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 2:19 PM, Dan Sumption <d...@sumption.org> wrote:

> They would think we are too harsh with them.
>>

> Life is harsh.
>
> --

Andrew Solomon

Mentor@Geekuni http://geekuni.com/