Hello
We would like to invite you to participate in a study of what educators
believe about teaching and learning computing.  Specifically we would like you
to fill out a survey (at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/teachbeliefs) that
asks what you think about effective teaching approaches and the actions and
characteristics of successful students.

The survey is not very long, and appears to take
 5-20 minutes to complete depending on how many of the optional
questions you choose to answer. Your answers will be anonymous, but you have
an option to provide your identity so we can have further individual
discussions.

The ultimate purpose of this study is to look broadly at what we believe
as a community about pedagogy and students, and how we learn about (and choose
to apply) pedagogical techniques in our classes. This survey will help us to
formulate more specific questions and identify people with whom to discuss
these questions.

Please forward this to your computer science colleagues.

If you have received this more than once, we apologize; you must be
well-connected!

Thanks,
Lynda Thomas,  Anna Eckerdal, Robert McCartney, Kate Sanders, Carol Zander

Dr. L.A. Thomas
Senior Lecturer /  Uwch Ddarlithydd
Computer Science /  Cyfrifiadureg
Aberystwyth University /  Prifysgol Aberystwyth
SY23 3DB            l...@aber.ac.uk      (01970) 622452