Hi Derek,

> On Feb 14, 2016, at 8:30 PM, Derek M Jones <de...@knosof.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Catherine,
>
>> Are you aware of any specific issues related to teaching CS (programing) to
>> 1st year university students having had some significant introduction to
>> programing at school? I have heard of the Design and Technology curricula
>
> Are you particularly interested in any particular issue?
>
>   o the large number of bad habits students have picked up because
> they have been so poorly taught (schools are having a very hard time
> attracting teachers who know anything about programming because other
> jobs pay better and have other attractions),
>
>   o students who know a lot more about programming than the lecturers
> (not hard since CS does not reward programming skill).
> https://shape-of-code.coding-guidelines.com/2015/05/06/computing-academics-destined-to-remain-software-engineering-virgins/
>
> I guess there are likely to be many more students in the first category
> than the second.

Thanks for your answer.
I had no particular questions in mind, but indeed, how do lecturers for
instance actually cope with bad habits (are there published results about
this?), or also: how did this first programming education at school change the
content of the lectures or the syllabus - if it did of course.

        Catherine