Catherine,
I had no particular questions in mind, but indeed, how do lecturers for
instance actually cope with bad habits (are there published results about
this?), or also: how did this first programming education at school change the
content of the lectures or the syllabus - if it did of course.

I suspect the main problem is that the bad habits will have
become entrenched.  So time has to be spent unlearning
before any real progress can be made.

        Catherine

for KS3 pupils in UK so there might be some PPIGers in this situation?
Since french students will have a similar curriculum in the near future, I
wondered about the changes that may have to be done in programing lectures
for CS students at the university.

Any facts or ideas? Are any topics to be emphasized or any specific issues?

Thanks in advance,

--
Catherine Letondal
www.lii-enac.fr/~letondal