Hello PPIGers,

I am trying to design a data science course for year 10 students that will
be taught to, and in some cases *by* beginners. We'll be using Python both
for its data science credentials and its user friendliness, but the error
messages are a big barrier to success. Students hit one incomprehensible
error message and run screaming in the opposite direction.

I recall some research on error messages and their user friendliness, but I
still can't find any interpreters with beginner friendly error messages,
which surprises me.

Am I missing something? Is there a treasure trove somewhere? If not, is
there at least some solid research on which we could base the design of a
beginner friendly Python interpreter?

Any and all clues gratefully received.

Linda

--

Exploring Life, Parenting and Social Justice:
http://lindamciver.wordpress.com/

Dr Linda McIver
Teacher & Freelance Writer
--
Buy Fair Trade - Change the world one coffee at a time