Hi!

I think there is some stuff out there on various platforms  but it might not
all be for K-12 e.g.

on Gadgeteer:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/publication/net-gadgeteer-a-new-platform-for-k-12-computer-science-education/

on Micro:bit: Sue Sentance, Jane Waite, Steve Hodges, Emily MacLeod, and Lucy
Yeomans. 2017. "Creating Cool Stuff": Pupils' Experience of the BBC micro:bit.
In Proceedings of the 2017 ACM SIGCSE Technical Symposium on Computer Science
Education (SIGCSE '17). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 531-536. DOI:
https://doi.org/10.1145/3017680.3017749

on the SenseBoard: Mike Richards, Marian Petre, and Arosha K. Bandara. 2012.
Starting with Ubicomp: using the senseboard to introduce computing. In
Proceedings of the 43rd ACM technical symposium on Computer Science Education
(SIGCSE '12). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 583-588.
DOI=http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2157136.2157306

Hope that helps
Simone
—