Does anyone have or know of any *keystroke logs of programmers editing code*?
I have heard that some on-line (web based) editors make a complete
keystroke log - does anyone know which ones do that? What about any regular
desktop IDEs or code editors?

Is there a repository anywhere with existing logs? Logs could be class
programming projects but it would be better to get logs of real work, e.g.,
on open-source software systems.

Ideally the logs would be at the command level (delete-expression) rather
than the keystroke level (ctrl-alt-D).

A number of years ago, we couldn't find anything, so we built our own for
Eclipse, http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~fluorite/ which was used a few times in
ours and other research, but I am hoping there is an easier way now! A
Google search didn’t bring up anything relevant, except our 2011 paper.

Thanks!

Brad A. Myers

Professor

Human-Computer Interaction Institute