Dear Colleagues,
I’m Sergey from JetBrains. I've had the pleasure of meeting some of you at
PPIG’23, which was a fantastic experience – thank you all for that.

I’m excited to share that JetBrains, in collaboration with TU Delft in the
Netherlands, has launched a funded PhD program
<https://blog.jetbrains.com/research/2023/10/jetbrains-and-tu-delft-launch-the-ai-for-software-engineering-lab/>.

We are currently seeking candidates for this opportunity.

One of the tracks in this program, “Interactive and Aligned IDE,
<https://www.tudelft.nl/over-tu-delft/werken-bij-tu-delft/vacatures/details?jobId=14549>”

may be particularly interesting to our community. This track is dedicated
to exploring various AI interaction methods within an IDE environment. Our
goal is to identify the most effective way to integrate AI into the
programmer’s workflow. The track will involve significant software
development, encompassing LLM adjustment and prototyping AI interactions in
the IDE, as well as user interviews and usability testing.

You can find more details about the program and the terms of employment here
<https://www.tudelft.nl/over-tu-delft/werken-bij-tu-delft/vacatures/details?jobId=14549>
.

If you or someone you know is searching for a PhD position in this field,
we would be delighted to receive your application.

For any questions about the track or the program, feel free to contact me,
Sergey Titov <sergey.ti...@jetbrains.com>, or Dr. Maliheh Izadi
<m.iz...@tudelft.nl>, Assistant Professor at TU Delft.

Best regards,
Sergey