http://www.tempointeractive.com/hg/nasional/2009/03/25/brk,20090325-166493,uk.html
Sultan Not Allowed to Campaign in Yogyakarta Wednesday, 25 March, 2009 | 08:49 WIB TEMPO Interactive, Yogyakarta:During the campaign period, Sultan Hamengku Buwono X will not be seen campaigning for his party in his own area because his Golkar Party failed to get the necessary permit from the Homes Affairs Minister, Mardiyanto, for him - who is Yogyakarta's governor -- to campaign there. "I did not get the permit from the Home Affairs Department because a governor can only campaign one time," the Sultan told Tempo after attending the 28th anniversary of Muhammadiyah University in Yogyakarta yesterday. According to the Sultan, the schedule of his two campaigns for Golkar clashed with the campaigns in Yogyakarta and South Sumatera. The campaign in South Sumatra was included as part of the series of campaigns in Bangka Belitung, Riau and Banjarmasin. The Sultan initially asked permission to campaign in Yogyakarta on April 3. The campaign schedule in Yogyakarta coincides with that of Vice President Jusuf Kalla, who is the Golkar Party chairman. "JK cancelled his campaign in Yogyakarta because he had been there three times in a month," said Dedy Suwadi, a member of Golkar Yogyakarta. BERNADA RURIT [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

