Di manakah SBY ketika Sri Mulyani diserang dari kanan kiri, karena sang Menkeu 
ini setia dan memilih jadi bemper yang melindungi sang Presiden, terkait kasus 
Bank Century? SBY memilih "bermarkas" di Istana Bogor, yang jaraknya cuma 
setengah jam naik mobil dari Jakarta, untuk mengurus "penanganan gempa." 
 
Jika keterangan Sri Mulyani bisa dipercaya, sungguh ngeri membayangkan, SBY 
memberi kebebasan Menkeunya untuk berbuat apa saja, termasuk menyetujui 
pengucuran Rp 6,7 trilyun bailout ke Century. Tetapi mungkinkah Menkeu 
sekaliber Sri Mulyani menyetujui bailout yang sangat besar itu tanpa SEDIKITPUN 
berkonsultasi dengan SBY? Apa susahnya bicara lewat telepon? Ini zaman 
teknologi informasi!


  




http://thejakartagl obe.com/home/ sri-mulyani- shields-presiden t-from-bank- 
century-fallout/ 328648
 
September 08, 2009 

Dion Bisara
Sri Mulyani Shields President Yudhoyono From Bank Century Fallout
 
Speaking for the first time in support of President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono in 
the controversy surrounding the PT Bank Century bailout, Indonesian Finance 
Minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati on Monday said the head of state had no hand in 
the decision to rescue the bank and had trusted her to take “all necessary 
actions” to keep the economy stable. 

“I can firmly state that the president was not involved in the decision to bail 
out the bank,” she said. “We based the decision on the regulation in lieu of 
law on the Financial System Safety Net [JPSK], the Central Bank Lawand the 
[Deposit Insurance Corporation] Law.” 

Sri Mulyani, speaking after returning from the Group of 20 finance ministers 
meeting in London, was the latest official to comment on the scandal, which 
some analysts believe could reach the highest levels of government. 

She said she was first informed of the bank’s crisis over the phone by Vice 
President Boediono, who served as central bank governor at the time, while she 
was attending another G-20 meeting with Yudhoyono in Washington last year. 

“The president told me to go back to Indonesia and take all necessary actions 
to maintain economy stability,” she said. 

The finance minister added that the bailout decision should not be evaluated by 
current conditions. “We can only see indications of whether it was systemic 
risk or not,” she said. “At the time, we were worried about bank liquidity, 
credit default swaps and rumors among stakeholders.” 

There was no political pressure or other intervention involved in the decision, 
she said. 

“Our only motivation was to save the economy,” she said. “I didn’t even know 
anything about the depositors of Bank Century.” 

Sri Mulyani vowed not to restrain the ongoing investigation into the matter. “I 
will not hide anything,” she said. 

“We made a decision and now the financial system is getting better. If we had 
not done that, the costs would have been higher than they turned out to be.”


Related articles
Bank Century: Will Indonesia's Top Officials Survive the Fallout?
9:55 PM 06/09/2009
Lawmakers Demand Answers on Bank Century
9:45 PM 04/09/2009
Diet of Risky Junk Bonds Contributed to Bank Century’s Downfall
9:21 PM 04/09/2009
House Wants Investigation of $669m Bank Century Bailout
9:39 PM 27/08/2009
Sri Mulyani Makes No Recovery Guarantees
9:15 PM 28/05/2009















      

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Kirim email ke