Refleksi : Banyak anak buah sudah dimatikan, lantas omong seperti ini? Hehehe

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/home/antiterror-fight-up-to-every-indonesian-sby-says/375572

May 18, 2010
Camelia Pasandaran & Farouk Arnaz

Antiterror Fight Up to Every Indonesian, SBY Says

President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono sought in an emotional address on Monday to
spread responsibility for fighting terrorism to every Indonesian, with the
appeal: "Save our children."

Remarking that terrorists had recently turned to targeting Indonesians and not
foreigners, he said: "I call on all Indonesians to join together in saving the
nation, saving our people, saving us all from the threat of terrorism and from
irresponsible parties acting beyond the limits of humanity."

Everyone should "remain alert and active and contribute in preventing the
development of terrorism in their own areas," Yudhoyono said. "This is to save
our children, our young generation, from being trapped in the crime of
terrorism."

The National Police have recently shot dead several suspected terrorists in a
number of locations in Sumatra and Java. The police also claimed terrorists
planned to assassinate the president and high-ranking officials during
Independence Day celebrations at the State Palace on Aug. 17 and in the ensuing
confusion set up an Islamic state.

"What is interesting is the target of the terrorists," he said. "In the past
they targeted foreigners, but now they are making our nation, our country, our
government the top targets. They want to build an Islamic state, something that
is now history for us."

In his speech at Halim Perdanakusuma airbase in East Jakarta before leaving on
a trip to Singapore, Yudhoyono said that despite not being an Islamic state,
Indonesia respected Islam and adopted its values and even sometimes its law in
the life of the nation.

"But if the group wants to push ahead with its intention to change the nation's
ideology, change the Constitution and the nation's foundation, it is
unacceptable to Indonesians. They're against democracy."

Al Chaidar, an expert on terrorism at Malikussaleh University in Banda Aceh,
said the government's determination to fight terrorism might have come too
late. His research showed that in 2009 there were 35,000 followers of terrorist
networks. "It might be more now."

He said he worried that the high number of suspects killed in recent
antiterrorist raids showed panic among police, and added that police should try
as hard as possible to keep suspects alive when arresting them to gain
information that would help expose their network. "They're more useful if
caught alive," Chaidar said.

Meanwhile, in the wake of the discovery that a paroled suspect had re-engaged
in terrorist activities, the Directorate General for Penitentiary Affairs is
requiring released terrorist convicts to report to the Ministry of Justice and
Human Rights at least once a month.

"Today is the first time since I was paroled in February 2009 that the prison
directorate asked me to report," Idris told the Jakarta Globe on Monday.

Idris was jailed for 10 years for his role in the Jakarta Marriott Hotel
bombing in August 2003 that killed 12 people. "They want to make sure that I am
still reachable," he said.

Iqbal Hussaini, who was convicted over attacks during the sectarian conflict in
Poso, Central Sulawesi, but paroled in August 2009, said he was also told to
report to authorities.

Related articles
President Hits Out at Terrorists, Says Indonesia Will Never Be Islamic State
11:34 AM 17/05/2010

Radical Cleric Denies Link to Aceh Terror Group
2:58 PM 16/05/2010

Indonesian Stock Market Drops After Sri Mulyani Resignation
11:56 AM 05/05/2010

Editorial: SBY Hits Right Notes With Terrorism Stance
9:50 PM 17/05/2010

Exclusive: Terror Arrests Linked to Abu Bakar Bashir Organization
1:38 AM 07/05/2010