Friedemann Kemm writes:
 > where texpause.sty already exists.
 >
 > But how do You use this without pdflatex and ppower4?

There is no need to use ppower4 to make use of texpause.sty. But you
are limited to make pauses in TeX's "vertical mode". The output will
be multipage when pdflatex is done.

Try the following sample document with pdflatex:

\documentclass{foils}
\usepackage{texpause}
\begin{document}
\foilhead{My heading}
\begin{itemize}
\item foo \pause
\item bar \pause
\item egg\pause
\item nog
\end{itemize}
\end{document}

pdflatex should say:
Output written on ....pdf (4 pages, 22355 bytes).
Transcript written on ....log.

If you want to use texpause.sty also with TeX, you will have to modify
it slightly and remove the initial test, which disables the
functionality, when used without pdf(la)tex.
I assume, Stephan did that and forgot about it. (Like I did, when I
thought about it, before I tried the above example).

But be warned, TeX tries to be smart and sometimes you get strange
results with texpause.sty.

        Klaus
--
        Klaus Guntermann        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        FG Systemprogrammierung, FB Informatik, TU Darmstadt