Hi,

After having read most of the old postings and the FAQ, I'm still not
sure how to use pictures in a ppower4 presentation.

The scenario is the following:
- using xfig, I mix xfig objects (such as lines and boxes) and imported
  objects (such as gifs or jpgs);
- I then use "fig2dev -L mmp input.fig ouput.mp"
- finally I use metapost: "mpost output.mp"
mpost (Version 0.641 (Web2C 7.3.1)) complains that "Picture objects are
not supported!", and indeed only those layers not including any pictures
are seperated into output.nnn layer files (which subsequently are
displayed fine in the pdf using
"\multiinclude[graphics={width=.75\textwidth}]{output}").

It seems to me that the "Patches for Xfig" page
(http://www-sp.iti.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/software/xfig/) only helps
not having to do the fig2dev step in the above process.
Am I incorrect here?

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could let me know if they found
a workaround this problem such as converting the jpgs to eps files and
somehow include them in the multiinclude statement?

Thank you,
bodo

PS: while checking previous posts I came accross the hint to use
\pageDuration{}
(\newcommand{\pageDuration}[1]{\hypersetup{pdfpageduration={#1}}})
Using an argument of 0.02 (ie \pageDuration{0.02}), 1 or 2 doesn't seem
to do anything. What is a good argument to use?