[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
 > I have a problem with the version of JRE (1.4.1_05) that I
 > installed. The pp4.bat <input.pdf> <output.pdf>, produces
 >
 > Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: The system could not
 > find the specified file
 >         at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
 [...]

This is a problem which occurs during start of the application in the
Java runtime environment.

 > The location of my copy of the pp4p.jar file and the Java runtime
 > environment was defined in the file pp4p.bat as
 [...]
 > set javacommand="C:\Arquiv~1\Java\j2re1.4.1_05\bin\java" REM

I am not very familiar with Windows specialities.
But I recall that the ...~... notation is used to map directories
with long names into the 8+3 name space of old Windows programs.
For those old 8+3 names there was, if I recall that correctly, just
one dot allowed in a directory name. But your j2re1.4.1_05 has two of
them. Maybe this mix causes the problem to find the jar file.

My suggestion:
Try to expand the Arquiv~1 name to the full directory name in the bat
script.
If that does not help, try to find out the shortened name of
j2re1.4.1_05 and insert that instead.

Maybe this helps,
        Klaus
--
        Klaus Guntermann        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        FG Systemprogrammierung, FB Informatik, TU Darmstadt