On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 12:20:57PM -0300, Frederico Moraes Ferreira wrote:
> I have experienced problems to put accents like \'a, \~a, etc in the slide
> titles.
[...]
> P.S.:my header goes,
>
> \documentclass[20pt,landscape]{foils}
> \usepackage{mdwslides}
> \usepackage[english]{babel}

I do not have/use mdwslides and I cannot see/create a problem in using
accents in \foilhead.
Maybe the problem is related to mdwslides?
You didn't include the use of an accent in your example.
For me (although I may be biased) PPower4 seems to be not the culprit.

        Klaus
--
        Klaus Guntermann        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Dekanat, FB Informatik, TU Darmstadt