From: George Woltman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: The Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search list <prime@hogranch.com>
Sent: Sunday, 7 September, 2008 1:39:56 PM
Subject: [Prime] Another Mersenne Prime?!

Hi all,

Happy news.  A second new Mersenne prime has been reported!
Verification is underway.

I've asked for the last save file and hope to have it tomorrow.  I'll
rerun the last few thousand
iterations - if that shows this is our second prime in two weeks it is
virtually guaranteed this
is not a false positive.

The first prime has already passed this test.  However, to be
absolutely certain we always
run a verification from scratch using a different program on a
different computer architecture.

Wow,
George

      Win a MacBook Air or iPod touch with Yahoo!7.
http://au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset