On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 6:51 AM, Raphael Ritz
<r.r...@biologie.hu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Andreas Jung wrote:

>>> There were about 120 products that I deleted, all had been created
>>> a least a year ago and had never been submitted for publishing by
>>> the authors.  A handful were duplicates of publicly-released
>>> products.
>>>

>> Perhaps the review team should approve new projects only in the future
>> if there is a reasonable release.
>
> IIRC it's always been the other way around: first you need to get
> approval, then you can start adding releases.
> It was introduced that way to prevent plone.org from being abused
> as arbitrary file sharing area.

This is correct.  The decision to have it work this way long predates my time.

One thing I could do in the future is to find products that are more
than about 1 year old yet have never made a release, and roll these
back into an unapproved state.   Eventually, if they are not
re-submitted and given a release, they can be culled.  I'm not eager
to take such drastic steps without at least some discussion, though.

:jon