In the XDV control panel there are two settings that should affect
when the the site is styled by XDV. The first is Domains which behaves
as expected by enabling the transformations and setting the HTTP_X_XDV
when a matching domain is found. The second is Unstyled paths which
stops the transformations but does not set the HTTP_X_XDV variable.

We are using HTTP_X_XDV as a condition to set if files in the
portal_css and portal_javascript registries get loaded. My proposal is
to not set HTTP_X_XDV if any of the unstyled paths are matched. I
suggest because anything under Unstyled paths should behave the same
way as Domains. Not applying transformations while loading custom
js/css can create issues.

I've created a patch to change the behavior as proposed but wanted to
ask if there is any reason why XDV behaves this way.

Thanks.