Two possible workaround:

- - hiding the entry from the dropdown menu through CSS (I failed
  overriding an !important statement)
- - monkey-patching _allowedTypes() in
plone.app.content.browser.folderfactories which actually did the job for me

Hedley pointed me to a different solution using an adapters overriding
the available() method for IContentMenuItem but the adapter never got
used.

- -aj

Andreas Jung wrote:
> Plone 4.0.3
>
> I have a custom content-types AuthoringPublishedContent (derived from
> ATDocument).
>
> Instances of this type should be created as content of some folder
> generated by some backend
> logic (and only there). That's why the content-types is not implictly
> addable.
>
> On the destination folder I enabled folder restrictions
>
>         # ensure folder restrictions on destination folder
>         dest_folder.setConstrainTypesMode(constraintypes.ENABLED)
>         dest_folder.setLocallyAllowedTypes(['Folder',
> 'AuthoringPublishedDocument', 'File', 'Image', 'Document'])
>         dest_folder.setImmediatelyAddableTypes(['Folder',
> 'AuthoringPublishedDocument', 'File', 'Image', 'Document'])
>
> Creating a new AuthoringPublishedDocument instance inside this folder
> fails badly:
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 127, in publish
>   Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 77, in mapply
>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 47, in call_object
>   Module zopyx.authoring.browser.conversionsfolder, line 228, in
> generate_html_pdf
>   Module Products.ATContentTypes.lib.constraintypes, line 261, in
> invokeFactory
> Unauthorized: Disallowed subobject type: AuthoringPublishedDocument
>
> getAllowedContentTypes() for this particular folder returns only the types
> of standard Plone but not my own type? Why this?
>
> Andreas
>

> /home/ajung/.buildout/eggs/Products.ATContentTypes-2.0.7-py2.6.egg/Products/ATContentTypes/lib/constraintypes.py(260)invokeFactory()
> -> if not type_name in [fti.getId() for fti in self.allowedContentTypes()]:
> (Pdb) print self.allowedContentTypes()
> [<DynamicViewTypeInformation at /Plone/portal_types/Document>,
> <DynamicViewTypeInformation at /Plone/portal_types/File>,
> <DynamicViewTypeInformation at /Plone/portal_types/Folder>,
> <DynamicViewTypeInformation at /Plone/portal_types/Image>]

- --
ZOPYX Limited           | zopyx group
Charlottenstr. 37/1     | The full-service network for Zope & Plone
D-72070 Tübingen        | Produce & Publish
www.zopyx.com           | www.produce-and-publish.com