On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 12:52:12PM +0200, Vitaliy Podoba wrote:
> Plone doesn't store plain passwords in database. It stores it in a
> hashed form. That's why the only way for user that forgot his password
> is to reset it and pick a new one.
>
> I think you'll need to write one more PAS plugin that will store
> passwords in a plain form without any encryption for later usage in your
> external service.
>
> An I'm not sure if there are any existing addons providing such
> functionality.
>
> Cheers,
> Vitaliy Podoba

Thank you Vitaliy for you answer!

Actually I have solved the problem storing the user password through
my authentication plugin, that is what you are saying, I seem.

I used the _user_passwords method of the BasePlugin class, which is
the one I derive my plugin from: do you think this approach is
correct?

Above all, it works.

Thanks again

Andrea