Ken Kixmoeller (j/s) wrote:

On Jun 22, 2006, at 6:36 AM, Stephen the Cook wrote:

he doesn't trust his staff.

Oh, yeah: I forgot to add that part. Restaurants are the most crooked business with which I have ever been involved. The servers and bartenders are adept at finding ever-more-creative ways to screw, scam and skim. Food, booze and money all have wings.

Hi Ken!

But on the other hand, the servers and bartenders are paid 1/2 the
minimum wage on the iffy assumption that their tips will make up the
difference. If there are no tips, or less tips than assumed they are
still paying taxes on the assumption, unless they itemize, for heaven's
sake.

Don't even ask if they can actually live on minimum wage because *no*
*one* cares. By fostering this work environment, the restaurant owners
are getting what they are willing to pay for.

Regards,

Pete