There's something in the format of your graphics causing a problem. The reason it crashes in VFP 8 & 9 is they use GDI+ for handling all images. Search the archives here on GDI+ and you'll find more info.

jeff wrote:
Ok, this just get weirder.
Couldn't attach an icon in VFP 9 or 8, open up VFP 6, attached the icon without any issues, opened up VFP 9, compiled with the icon. In both VFP 9 and 8, each time I try to attach the icon, it would crash. I could insert the graphic into the report using VFP 8.

Solution, keep three versions on my computer?